Need Christmas pregnancy announcement ideas? We got you!
Just when you thought the holidays couldn’t get more exciting…you have a pregnancy to announce! You can make this Christmas extra memorable by telling everyone your big news in a holly jolly way.
We are here with Christmas Pregnancy announcement ideas and inspiration that will help you tell friends and family the most wonderful news during the most wonderful time of the year.
- When to Announce Your Pregnancy
- 13 Cute Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
- 1) Personalized Christmas Ornament
- 2) Keepsake Christmas Bauble as a gift
- 3) With a T-Shirt (or a sweater)
- 4) Sibling T-shirts
- 5) Personalized Puzzle
- 6) Mini Stocking for Baby
- 7) Decorated Cookies
- 8) Decorate a Cake
- 9) Break the News With a Beautiful Card
- 10) Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Egg
- 11) Pregnancy Reveal Scratch Off
- 12) Pregnancy Announcement for Grandparents Wine Label
- 13) With an Editable Social Media Template
- Christmas Announcement Signs and Photo Ideas
- The Final Word on Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
Note: this blog post probably contains affiliate links, which means we may receive small commissions from purchases made through links in this post (at NO extra cost to you). You can read our full disclosure for more information.
When to Announce Your Pregnancy
Before you plan out your pregnancy announcement, there are a few things you should consider.
- Is it the right time to announce my pregnancy? Some experts advise waiting to announce your pregnancy until after the first trimester (around 13 weeks along). Your risk of miscarriage drops dramatically at that point. However, some people ignore this advice because if they DO miscarry they want the support of friends and family. Don’t feel pressured to announce at the holidays if you want to wait a little longer into your pregnancy.
- Could our news cause sadness for someone going through infertility or a recent loss? The holidays are hard enough for people going through a rough time… if your announcement might cause more pain for someone in your friend or family group consider waiting or gently tell them the news prior to the holiday celebration.
- Do we want to announce the gender at the same time? Thanks to high-tech blood tests, you can find out the gender of your baby quite early. If you can and want to announce your baby’s gender at the same time you announce their impending arrival, make arrangements for the blood test and/or wait to announce until you know.
- The overall rule for announcing your pregnancy should be “you do you!” If you want to announce at Christmas and are only 7 weeks along, go for it! If you want to wait until you are 13 weeks along and that doesn’t correspond with a holiday, it will still be exciting and special!
13 Cute Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
Christmas offers the perfect stage for announcing a pregnancy because you can do it with presents or decor. Since it is Christmas, no one will think twice about receiving a gift and it will make an extra fun surprise.
This ornament can be personalized with your ultrasound picture and due date. You can hang it on your tree and see if anyone notices OR give it as a gift. Adorable!
This keepsake ornament is the perfect way to tell parents they’ve been promoted to grandparents. You can personalize it with your favorite Grandparent nickname (Nanny? Nana? Papa? Pops?) and add the year when baby is due. Don’t forget to record their reaction and put it on YouTube for all of us to watch! 🙂
Wearing these hilarious tongue-in-cheek pregnancy shirts will result in laughter and tears of joy! Tons of different colors and sizes to choose from. Just take off your winter coat and wait for the realization to set in.
Let your kids break the news with a “Promoted to Big Sister/Brother” t-shirt. Is there anything cuter than a little one being a big sibling? I think not!
If your family has a holiday puzzle tradition these custom pregnancy reveal puzzles are perfection. You can choose a smaller 15 piece puzzle or this 48 piece color puzzle that includes a picture of your ultrasound. One benefit of this pregnancy announcement is that you can re-use it to tell lots of different family members.
Hang a mini stocking and see who notices first! Let your mantle do the talking and hang a small stocking. You could even get one customized to say “Baby.”
Say it with decorated cookies: If you are hosting a party or tasked with bringing refreshments, you could have typical holiday cookie shapes and then throw in one that says, “Baby coming 2021.”
8) Decorate a Cake
Or say it with a decorated cake: Same idea, different dessert. A cake might be a little easier to fit the whole message on!
“Merry Christmas, We’re getting you a Grandchild” card. This handmade card will break the news to your family in a colorful way. You can also mail it to far away friends and relatives.
Tell them you are expecting in a super creative way. No one will know what to expect when you gift them a holiday themed egg. But when they crack it open, the fun message inside will make this their best gift ever!
Everyone loves the excitement of a scratch card. This pregnancy reveal card is sweet and simple.
If you normally bring wine as a host/hostess gift, this customized wine label would be the perfect choice for your announcement. Wrap up a fine wine and both of you will enjoy the reveal!
This super cute holiday themed announcement is made for social media. You can download it, then edit it to include your information. Next, post your personalized picture and wait for the congratulations to come rolling in!
Christmas Announcement Signs and Photo Ideas
The holidays are synonymous with photos, so why not make your announcement with a picture? You can:
- Take a picture of a customized sign, then text or post on social media
- Add a pregnancy announcement to your family picture and send it out in your Christmas card
- Wait until the whole family is together and taking a picture and secretly hold up a sign OR announce it verbally and record their reaction!
Here are 15 festive ideas for Christmas Announcement Signs and Photos to get you started!
1) Song lyrics
- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Baby’s on the Way!
- Santa’s not the only one coming to town! Announcing baby [last name] coming [date]
- Santa Baby, just leave a cradle under the tree
2) Funny Quotes
- We’ve been naughty! Baby [last name] is coming [date].
- Celebrating our last Silent Night! Baby [last name] arriving [date].
- Ho Ho! Uh Oh! There goes our silent nights. Baby coming [date].
3) Take a picture of:
- Your family, holding a sign with the big news.
- Santa Hat and booties: You can make a simple and festive flatlay photo announcement with a Santa hat and some baby booties. Caption it with any of the above song lyrics.
- Your fireplace mantle with an extra stocking
- A row of labeled Christmas Gifts with the smallest one labeled “Baby”
- A calendar with baby’s due date circled
- Mom holding an ultrasound picture over her tummy
- Wrap a ribbon around mom’s tummy with a gift tag that says “Don’t open until [baby’s due date].
- Personalize a onesie with your last name, baby sister or brother or the baby’s due date.
- Elf on the Shelf: Have your Elf on the Shelf do something useful for once! Your announcement could include the elf holding an ultrasound picture or a note about the baby on the way.
The Final Word on Christmas Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
Hooray for a new baby! And hooray for Christmas time! You can’t go wrong choosing from any of the pregnancy reveal ideas on this post. Whether you break the big news with a decoration, a gift, t-shirts or a photograph, pairing your pregnancy announcement with the excitement and wonder of the holidays will make for a Christmas you will never forget.