We all know that drinking water is important… and it’s even more important when you’re pregnant!
Water has many benefits for both mama and baby. It helps deliver important nutrients to your placenta, aids in digestion, reduces constipation and swelling and makes up the amniotic fluid that keeps your baby safe and cushioned.
I’m all in favor of combining cute and functional in all areas of life, so you can bet that I choose pregnancy water bottles that are adorable AND encourage moms-to-be to drink your 8-12 cups of water a day.
If you are looking for help in the H2O department, read on to find the best pregnancy water bottles that are cute and functional.
Note: this blog post probably contains affiliate links, which means we may receive small commissions from purchases made through links in this post (at NO extra cost to you). You can read our full disclosure for more information.
The Top 6 Pregnancy Water Bottles
This pregnancy water bottle comes with weekly milestone stickers! Not only can you track your water intake with this 32 ounce BPA-free water bottle, you can also track how big your baby is getting by adding a weekly fruit-related milestone sticker (i.e. 14 weeks=lemon). The other side of the bottle has lines with hours on them to help keep you on track with getting the recommended 96 ounces of water a pregnant mom needs.
- BPA FREE
- Flip-Top Lid with quick flow nozzle
- Fits most cupholders
- Includes 35 weekly milestone stickers and hourly tracker lines
- Handwash only
- Not insulated (won’t keep water cold)
This half-gallon water bottle will mean you always have refreshing water close by! It has a built-in handle, a handy strap, and a silicone straw with a flip top cover to keep it clean. The H20 capsule water bottle comes in 15 different colors with fun, inspirational quotes to chose from. It also has hour markers on the side to help keep you drinking water throughout the day.
- Handle and strap make it easy to carry
- Half-gallon size
- Wide mouth lid makes it easy to add ice or fruit
- Beautiful, two-toned colors
- Not insulated
- Handwash only
- Doesn’t fit in cupholders
If you like your water temperature on the chilly side, a Hydro Flask water bottle for your pregnancy is a smart choice. These water bottles are a little pricier, but that price tag comes with insulation that keeps your drinks cold (or hot!) for hours. There are 16 different beautiful colors to choose from, plus the Hydro Flask comes in three sizes: 18 ounces, 21 ounces and 24 ounces. Hydro Flasks have a standard “flex” cap that you unscrew, but there are straw lid options you can order if you prefer.
- Keeps your water cold for hours
- Many color and size options
- Dishwasher Safe (top-rack)
- BPA-free, phthalate-free
- Fits cupholders
- No water tracking lines
- Have to order an additional lid if you like straws
Camelbak water bottles have been around (and popular!) for more than 30 years. If you want a water bottle that will work for your pregnancy and beyond, it is a great choice. The Camelbak “Pivot” water bottle is made up of 10% ECHO plastic, which is renewable plant-based material. So while you drink to hydrate your baby, you’ll also be supporting a healthier planet! This Camelbak is 25 ounces and has an easy to carry handle. You unscrew the lid and drink straight from the bottle (no straw).
- BPA, bps, and BPF free.
- Dishwasher Safe (Top-rack)
- Not insulated
- Must unscrew lid to drink
At 32 ounces, this is one of the larger water bottles on the market. Made of insulated stainless steel, the Elvira will keep your drink cold for 24 hours, or hot for 12 hours. It comes in 11 different colors including stylish gradients, and includes two different types of lids, two straws and a straw brush. Although it doesn’t fit in standard cupholders, the leakproof lids with handles make it easy to carry around.
- Large size (less refilling!)
- Keeps water cold for 24 hours
- Many beautiful color choices
- Includes two extra lids and straws
- Only lid is dishwasher-safe
- Doesn’t fit in cupholders
- Large size means it’s heavier to carry around
Many women experience taste aversions during pregnancy. If water is hard for your (pregnant) palate, the Brita Filtering water bottle can make your water better tasting and easier to drink! It includes a filter built right into the straw. You can choose from two sizes, 26 ounce or 32 ounce and five different colors. The filter will need to be changed approximately every two months, so after 4 filter changes, your baby should be here, hooray!
- Filters out chemicals and will make your water taste and smell better
- Can fit in car cupholders
- Built in carrying loop
- BPA free
- Dishwasher safe (top-rack)
- Filter needs to be replaced every two months
- Not insulted (won’t keep water cold)
Why You Need a Cute Pregnancy Water Bottle
Even when you know that water is important to drink, it isn’t always easy to get it down. A cute pregnancy water bottle will help keep your inspiration high (and your water temperature cold!) while you work towards the important goal of staying hydrated while pregnant.
Although it may sound silly, splurging on a special pregnancy water bottle can be a motivational and useful way to track your water intake. Even if you don’t choose a water bottle with a time tracker, using a dedicated water bottle will help you remember how much you’ve water you’ve had.
The Different Types of Water Bottles
There are many different pregnancy water bottles on the market. When you are shopping for a pregnancy water bottle some features to consider include:
- Size: Although there is a saying “bigger means better,” that isn’t necessarily the case with pregnancy water bottles. If you are on the go and need your water bottle to fit into a car cupholder you’ll want to choose a smaller size. If you want to fill your bottle fewer times in the day, a half-gallon water bottle will be a good choice.
- Material: Water bottles are typically made of glass, plastic or stainless steel. If you like your water cold, you’ll want to purchase stainless steel. Some glass or plastic water bottles have a sleeve you can buy that will help keep the water temperature a bit colder. No matter which material you pick, make sure that the it is BPA free so no chemicals are leached into your water.
- Lid Style: Another preference that will play into your pregnancy water bottle purchase is the type of lid. You can buy a standard lid that you screw on and off, a water bottle with a straw or a quick flow nozzle water bottle. Think about which style you prefer and which one will make it most convenient to grab a sip.
3 Benefits Of Getting a Pregnancy Water Bottle
No matter which type of water bottle you choose, having a pregnancy water bottle will benefit you in many ways, including:
- Reminder: A dedicated water bottle will serve as a visual cue to drink water.
- Tracker: If you choose a water bottle that has tracking lines OR just keep track of how many bottles you need to drink each day, a pregnancy water bottle will help ensure your water intake is where it needs to be.
- Inspiration: Choosing a water bottle you love, whether it has milestone stickers that show how big your growing baby is or an inspirational quote, a pregnancy water bottle will help you remember the “why” behind upping your water intake.
How to Choose the Perfect Pregnancy Water Bottle
Now that you’ve seen our top picks for pregnancy water bottles, how do you decide which one to pick? Here are some shopping tips for you!
If you struggle to drink water: Choose either the Brita Premium Filtering Water Bottle or the H20 Capsule Inspo Water Bottle. The Brita bottle will filter out chlorine to make the water taste better and it is easy to add some fruit to the H2O Capsule to make water more palatable.
If you want less trips to the water cooler: The biggest pregnancy water bottle options are the half-gallon H20 Capsule Inspo Water Bottle and the 32 ounce Elvira Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle or Brita Premium Filtering Water Bottle.
If you need some extra inspiration: Hey, we get it! Anything that can help you get that water down is worth it. Add some inspiration to your water intake efforts with encouraging quotes on the H20 Capsule Inspo Water Bottle or adorable Belly Bottle Pregnancy Water Bottle.
The Final Word
Just because we know something is good for us doesn’t make it easy. If you struggle to drink the amount of water recommended for pregnant moms, you are not alone. Fortunately, there are products on the market that can give you some extra motivation and inspiration!
Hopefully one of these pregnancy water bottles catches your eye and helps you work towards your water intake goals. Choose a special water bottle, figure out how many refills you need to reach your daily goal, and add some fruit or veggies to make it extra refreshing (strawberry + cucumber is divine!). You can do it mama!