Are you looking forward to baby’s first Christmas? It’s the first time your new little one will be part of the big day with your family! There’s so much to plan for and do – gifts to buy, home to decorate, food to organize and traditions to begin.
One tradition you might like to start is the Christmas stocking – but what do you put in a Christmas stocking for a baby? Don’t worry – there are plenty of stocking stuffers for babies right here on this list.
Note: this blog post probably contains affiliate links, which means we may receive small commissions from purchases made through links in this post (at NO extra cost to you). You can read our full disclosure for more information.
Food Stocking Stuffer Ideas (For Baby’s 6 Months and Older)
If your baby is younger than 6 months and you haven’t started solids yet, you can skip this section 🙂
A stocking stuffer staple for older kids is food – for our family that always included:
- our favorite pack of crisps, pretzels or Doritos or similar
- our favorite chocolate bar
- our favorite bubble gum
- a handful of other assorted candy
Obviously, none of those things are suitable for baby’s first Christmas… so what can you do instead? Simply choose any food that your baby would normally eat – for example:
Stocking Stuffers for Feeding
In the first year, your baby will start eating solids – which requires some gear! Grab a gadget or two that make life easier and don’t forget to add some forks and spoons for feeding:
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Teething Babies
Teething is pretty much a constant theme once your baby cuts their first tooth. Which is why anything that might give your baby comfort is worth trying!
Here are some classics and some new gadgets you could get:
Books for Baby – Stocking Stuffers
Books are a great gift idea for babies and really, anyone! There’s no better time to instil the love of books in your child than from the very first year. It’s also a great way to set a tradition of reading books together.
Here are some excellent book ideas for baby:
There are endless numbers of baby toys out there – these are all super cute and make excellent stocking stuffers! My favorites are the Jellycat toy and the personalised rattle!
Soft Building Blocks (great for a teething baby!)
You can’t go wrong with baby clothes – so many cute clothes, so little time! Christmas is a great time to grab some of those ‘novelty’ or ‘not really essential but they’re so stinking cute’ things as stocking stuffers.
Booties – so cozy!
or bow ties!
Baby Hygiene Stocking Stuffers
Why not gift your baby some essential hygiene items as stocking stuffers? You’re going to buy them anyway and you might as well put them in the stocking! Check out these:
If your baby uses a pacifier, you can’t go past these adorable pacifiers and accessories:
Wubbanub – my favorite! Comes in several different styles.
Memorabilia Ideas for Stocking Stuffers
Make sure you take plenty of photos to keep in a special Baby’s First Christmas photo album.
Get Even More Christmas Inspiration
- 30 Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas for Toddlers & Pre-Schoolers
- 21 Homemade Christmas Ornament Ideas For Baby’s First Christmas
- Baby’s First Christmas – 7 Perfect Gift Ideas for Young Babies
- DIY Baby Christmas Keepsake Bauble
- 2019 Guide to Gifts for Babies of Gamers
- 2019 Christmas Gift Ideas for Guys With Beards
- What to Wear for a Stylish First Christmas as a New Mom
- Minimalist Gifts for Babies – Meaningful, Useful, Practical
- Lightning McQueen Gift Ideas For Kids Who Love The Cars Movie!
- 41 Handmade Wooden Toy Gift Ideas for Babies and Toddlers
- 2019 Gift Guide: The Best Princess Toys and Gifts